A very cool, modern, gray-market import in the Pacific Northwest: 1998 Audi A3 on Craigslist
For Sale – 1998 Audi A3 in Seattle, WA, USA
Full German Specification Car
All Paperwork And Maintenance Records
More Pictures Here
Ming Blue Pearl Effect Paint
Caractere full body kit (front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, rear wing, front grill and surround, with Caractere RS3 body kit badging)
Clear side marker lights
European headlights/fogs with height adjustability on headlights
Evolution Sports Fog Light Wiring Harness
18″x8″ Porsche 996 Twin Turbo wheels (Hollow Spokes) – mint condition
225/40-18 Michelin Pilot Sports – 3,000 miles on them
H&R wheel adapters for 5×130 pattern from 5×100
H&R Coilovers (custom matched by H&R for this car)
H&R Front Sway Bar
Autotech Hollow Rear Sway Bar
Car is full corner balanced
Autotech drilled/slotted front rotors
Silver painted calipers
125,xxx Kilometers (~77,500 miles)
DigiTec Chip/ECU Upgrade (German Chip)
Supersprint Mid Pipe Section
Supersprint Rear Section with DTM tips
Forge “Stealth” Diverter Valve
Mobil1 Synthetic Oil
K&N air filter
Staccato pattern on factory sport seats (Cloth)
Full Climate Control
Audi TT pedals
Audi TT Dead pedal
Metric gauge cluster (KPH only)
One of only 4 known early Audi A3/S3 models in the United States, and the only fully registered one to my knowledge. The car was imported by H&R Special Springs in 1998 and used as a demonstration car for a year. After that the car was sold to a private party in Washington state, and purchased by my friend whom I bought it from 5 years ago makin gme the 4th ownerof the vehicle.
The car is a real treat to own and drive, simply from all the people that you get to meet. Every time you stop at a light or to get gas, the crowd seems to form to ask you “How did you get that over here?” or “What is that?” The car is just like any other Audi in terms of high build quality and handsome looks. The vehicle is a German spec import, but can be serviced by any Audi dealer in North America in terms of mechanical/electrical maintenance and repair. This car would be a great addition to any Audi collector’s garage, or an enthusiast that wants a rare and unique car for motoring enjoyment.
Serious buyers only, please.
Contact Jeff – email@example.com or at 206.650.8854
Brief History of the car:
• Imported into the United States by H&R for demonstration purposes.
• Displayed at the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA) in Las Vegas. The car was located in the main entrance foyer, for thousands to see.
• Displayed at the Los Angeles International Auto Show at the request of Audi of North America.
• Honored by Audi AG at the Monterey Historic Races at Laguna Seca in California.
• Vehicle was photographed by Turbo Magazine for feature coverage after the SEMA show.
• Vehicle was photographed by European Car Magazine for feature coverage after the SEMA show.
• Displayed at the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA) in Las Vegas. The vehicle was located in the H&R display booth.
• Vehicle was photographed by Max Power Magazine for feature coverage after the SEMA show.
• Turbo Magazine feature came out in the June 1999 issue.
• Displayed at the Los Angeles International Auto Show at the request of Audi of North America
• Vehicle became fully registered in the state of Washington.
• Car was honored at the Audi A4/VW Passat Motorsports Exposition at Sears Point Raceway in conjunction with the Norcal Audi Club.
• Max Power Magazine feature came out in the June 2000 issue.
• H&R advertisement showing the vehicle came out in the Fall 2000 issue of Quattro Quarterly.
• Sold to private party in Washington State.
I’ve seen this car many times when I was in the PNW scene (if you can call simply owning a 337 and showing up at events ‘in the scene’ 😀 ) and it’s really hot and well cared for. For only $17k, I’m sure the right buyer will find their way to this car.